Tuesday, August 12, 2014

An angel in black

Yesterday, I got up out of my office chair and had the most intense spasm in my back.  It was so severe that I had to sit down.  I tried a few stretches, but I could barely straighten my back. 

I hobbled home and took an anti-inflammatory and a muscle relaxer and propped myself in front of the TV hoping the drugs would make it go away.  The drugs did make me sleep a full 12 hours, but in the morning my back was still sore when I stood up. 

Around 11:00 this morning, I received a text message from Natalie, our wonderful spa director, and asking me if I wanted to have a massage in a gazebo at 11:30.  Of course I said yes - a massage opening in August in a gazebo is a more rare than a solar eclipse. 

When my therapist came to get me I read her name tag - her name was Angela.  Angels are there when we need them but more often than not, we just don't recognize them.  My back is fully recovered.  Thank you Angela and Natalie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.